How do I report abuse of MTN Hosting resources?
I suspect that MTN Hosting resources are used for abusive or illegal purposes. How do I let you know?
The MTN Hosting Trust & Safety team can assist you when our resources are used to engage in the following types of abusive behavior:
- Spam: You are receiving unwanted emails from an MTN-owned IP address, or our resources are used to spam websites or forums.
- Port scanning: Your logs show that one or more MTN-owned IP addresses are sending packets to multiple ports on your server. You also believe this is an attempt to discover unsecured ports.
- Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks: Your logs show that one or more MTN-owned IP addresses are used to flood ports on your resources with packets. You also believe that this is an attempt to overwhelm or crash your server or the software running on your server.
- Intrusion attempts: Your logs show that one or more MTN-owned IP addresses are used to attempt to log in to your resources.
- Hosting prohibited content: You have evidence that our resources are used to host or distribute prohibited content, such as illegal content or copyrighted content without the consent of the copyright holder.
- Distributing malware: You have evidence that our resources are used to distribute software that was knowingly created to compromise or cause harm to computers or machines that it’s installed on.
If you suspect that our resources are used for abusive purposes, contact the MTN Hosting Trust & Safety team using the report form below this text, or by contacting [email protected]. Provide all the necessary information, including logs in plaintext, email headers, and so on, when you submit your request.
The MTN Hosting Trust & Safety team might forward log details as-is, but they don’t forward personally identifiable information unless those details are required for the investigation, or unless explicit permission is given to do so.